Serving New Hope, Virginia and surrounding communities since 1902
Planning and Projects
  • Phase 1-X and Phase 2 construction areas identified. Click to view map.
  • Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) home installations begin. (August 2019)
  • Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) home installations begin. (August 2019)
  • Construction of "Phase 1" of our Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) network completed. Phase 1 had over 110 miles of fiber optic cable and 662 service drops were placed. (July 2019)
  • Construction of "Phase 1" of our Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) network begins. Phase 1 will generally cover areas South, Southeast and Southwest of our Central Office. (July 2018)
  • The "staking" process for outside plant fiber optic cable construction has begun. Referred to as "staking" this process involves determining the most practical physical routes for cable and pedestal placements. It is also used to determine barriers and verify the necessary size of the various fiber optic cables to be placed. An employee of, Vantage Point Solutions, whom we have contracted to perform this work will be out in the community handling this task. He will have New Hope Telephone Cooperative signs on his work vehicle. (June 2017)
  • The process has begun to secure a low interest RUS loan. This process, start-to-finish, can be quite lengthy. We have completed the data request for the application. (January/February 2017)
  • The Board of Directors approved a plan to upgrade our entire serving area with a Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) network. The decision for this upgrade was the culmination of well over a year's worth of research, education and planning. The Cooperative will secure a loan for 75% of the project and use general funds for the remaining 25% of the project. (November 2016)
  • The Board of Directors have contracted with Vantage Point Solutions to provide insight on the future needs of the Cooperative and its network. (January 2016)
  • Construction has been completed on a project near Pine Bluff Park to install copper and fiber optic facilities. The copper cable has been spliced and is being placed in service as necessary. The fiber optic cable needs to be spliced. (March 2016)
  • The Board has approved a recomendation from Vantage Point Solutions to upgrade the DC power facilities at the central office. (March 2016)